Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (2024)

by Beth Pierce 81 Comments

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.

Jump to Recipe Print Recipe

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (1)

This time of the year is perfect for all kinds of yummy goodies!!! Are you a lover of all things creamy and chocolate? Do you love fudge but don’t want the hassle of finding your candy thermometer and stirring till you feel like you need an ice pack for your arm. Not to mention that if you don’t get that cooked fudge to just the right temperature for just the right amount of time you are not going to end up with the creamy result you are looking for. Instead you will end up with with grainy gritty pieces that you have to throw away or pawn off on the neighbors!! This easy microwaveableFoolproof Almond Joy Fudge is your answer to beautiful creamy delicious fudge with very little effort. No candy thermometer, no broken arm, and no messed up fudge that you have to find a home for!!

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (2)

Instead you will have wonderful pieces of creamy goodness that you can be proud of!! Your friends and family will be showering you with praise and compliments. They never need to know that you whipped this beauty up in a whole whooping five minutes. Let’s just keep it our little secret. I won’t tell if you don’t tell!!

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (3)

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge is a sweet creamy combo of chocolate, almonds and coconut! So if you have five minutes and the desire to make a creamy sweet treat to share with your loved ones I got your back.

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (4)

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge

4.89 from 9 votes

Print Rate

Author: Beth Pierce

Ingredients

• 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds

Instructions

• Line 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang. You will use this overhang to help remove the fudge from the pan.

• In large microwavable bowl add chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Cook in microwave at 50% power until chips are melted; approximately 3-5 minutes. Stir a couple of times during the cooking process. After chips are melted quickly stir in coconut and almonds.

• Pour into parchment lined pan and smooth with the back side of a spoon lightly sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Refrigerate until set. Using the overhang lift fudge out of pan and place on cutting board or plate. Peel off parchment paper.

Did You Make This Recipe?Mention @smalltownwomanfoodnut or tag #smalltownwomanfoodnut!

On the hunt for more delicious recipes? Follow Small Town Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.

More Recipes and Cooking

• Greek Salad
  • Sausage Balls Recipe
  • Mexican Stuffed Peppers
  • Toasted Ravioli

Nutrition Disclaimer: All nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on this site should be used as a general guideline.

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Carol ODell

I would love to make this almond joy fudge. Looks very yummy. I was wondering if I could use margarine instead if butter? I use margarine in my regular fudge because I tried butter & the grease came to the top as it cooled. Also I do it on top of the stove instead of microwave & let it come to a boil & let it boil for exactly boil for 10 minutes & then pour it over the things in the bowl like the chocolate, nuts & margarine. Do you think I can do your recipe like that.?

• Beth Pierce

Not sure, Carol! I am reluctant to give my opinion on that when I have not tested it. Please let me us know if you try!

2. Suzanne Stewart

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (9)
    Oh My: This is good stuffI THINK OF a decadent fudge!.. SO EASY, just me and the microwave!. I followed the recipe exactly but next time, and there will be many next times: I will cut the butter in half. Other than that it is smooth, just soft and wonderful

• Beth Pierce

Thanks, Suzanne! So glad that you liked the fudge.

3. Mona

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (10)
    Yummy 😋

4. Mona

Hi . Does the fudge need to be refrigerated after it’s done? I will it keep on the counter covered?

• Beth Pierce

Store in an airtight container on the countertop for 7-10 days.

5. Linda Motley

Did you chop up almonds and coconut?

No I did not.

6. LanaD

What kind of coconut should be used?

Sweetened flaked coconut

7. katerina

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (11)
    Oh wow, this fudge is amazing! The perfect treat!

8. Alex

I love how few ingredients this has! The perfect recipe for a quick, sweet treat.

9. Erin

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (12)
    This fudge looks like dessert perfection!

10. Catalina

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (13)
    My family will go crazy over this dessert! It’s exactly what they love!

11. Debi

Love this recipe. So simple to make and everybody always loves it. I have made it as is, with just coconut, with pecans and coconut oh, and it’s always good. Best to keep cold and set out 10 minutes before serving just to make it a little softer. Hope you enjoy this as much as our family does

• Beth Pierce

Thanks Debi! So glad that you like it!!

12. Pauline Carll-Adair

I am wondering if since I am a diabetic can I use Stevia instead of sugar and is there unsweet chocolate, I am sure their is unsweetened coconut, but oh what about the sweetened milk?? I do love fudge…

• Beth Pierce

Sorry Pauline! I am not sure not how it would turn out with stevia and unsweetened chocolate. Maybe one of my readers know.

• Tamma

I would try monk fruit instead of sugar. Measures the same. Lily’s makes sugarless choc chips, but I do not know a work around for the can of sweet milk. At least it would cut out most of the sugar for you.

• Lisa Manns

You can make your own sweetened condensed milk – 1-1/2 c milk and 1/2 c cream. bring to a simmer bubble – turn off stove and add 1 c of your sweetener and a pinch of salt. stirring until it dissolves and remove from the heat to cool. When cool you are ready to use as a 1:1 replacement. I just did it tonight for the recipe – used unsweetened coconut flakes, sliced almonds and lily’s 🙂

Thanks for the tip Lisa!

13. Linda

Does a person grease the parchment paper? This sounds delish. Can’t wait to try.

No you do not have to!

14. Diane Seguao

Do you think I could double this recipe for a 9×13 pan?

• Beth Pierce

I do not think I would double this. I have read a lot of short little snippets on the internet about not doubling fudge recipes. I think it is because it is too much quantity to get to the right temperature. If I have time to read some more about it I will let you know.

15. Kathy

I am thinking of toasting the coconut. Do you feel that it would have a negative result?

• Beth Pierce

No I think it would taste great.

16. Anna

Im diabetic could i have a piece or 2 of this delicious fudge???

• Beth Pierce

That would be a question for your doctor.

17. Rita

Help.. it’s not setting after 5hrs??

• Beth Pierce

You can try popping it in the refrigerator for a bit. I have never had any trouble with that fudge. Humm?

18. Phillips

Can you freeze the fudge? If so, how and for how long?

• Beth Pierce

If you are going to use the fudge up within a couple of weeks you don’t need to freeze it however you can freeze it for up to 2 months.

19. Rosemary

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (14)
    I wrote earlier about keeping it in the fridge too long, once it sat out for a while it was perfect. I’d last to ask can I swap out with Milk Chocolate chips?

Yes you certainly can.

Yes you can.

20. Kristine

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (15)
    How do I store these at room temperature or keep in the refrigerator? I’m making several batches ahead of time.

• Beth Pierce

How far ahead of time are you making it? I will await your answer as fudge is best stored in airtight container at room temperature.

21. Shark

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (16)
    My fiancé ate the entire thing in two days amazing recipie !!!!!’

• Beth Pierce

Thanks so much Shark! So glad that he liked it!!

22. Franki parde

Works for me!!! Thanx

23. Ken

I’ve made this several times already. Very easy and very good. I add some more almond slivers cause I like them.

• Beth Pierce

Thanks Ken! So glad that you liked it! We love it too!

24. Aparna

Foolproof Almond Joy Fudge (17)
    Hey.. Seems my search for a nice fudge recipe ends here. Would love to try pretty soon. Just 2 doubts!! Is it OK if I omit the coconut flakes and replace butter with coconut oil? And I don’t find semi sweet chocochips here so, can I use simple sweet dark chocochips instead? Please suggest me..
    Thanks in advance!

• Beth Pierce

Yes I do think both of those would work although I have not tested the coconut oil. However I saw enough recipes on the internet to believe it should work.

25. Judy Paul

Can this fudge be frozen ? How far ahead can you make it and it still be good ?

• Beth Pierce

Yes it can be. Be sure to wrap well.

26. Joan

Can the finished product be shipped? It holds up without refrigeration?

• Beth Pierce

In this case I think some refrigeration (via a commercial icepack) would be advised. Especially if being sent to a warm climate.

27. Teresa

Cannot wait to try this fudge…looks amazing and amazingly easy. Thank you so much for sharing….

• Beth Pierce

Thank you! I love that fudge too! I love sharing my recipes!!

28. Jaimie

Oh my goodness… This is soooo ridiculously GOOD. I’m doing a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom birthday party for my 3 year old and was looking for coconut recipes to include in the menu. I found this, made it, and now we can’t stop eating it! I’m going to have to make another batch for the party! Thank you for the recipe. It is going in my “keeper” file.

• Beth Pierce

Thanks so much. So glad that you liked it. So sweet of you to take the time to leave such a sweet comment. Hope you have a great party!

29. Sara

I’d like to make these as Christmas gifts. How far in advance could I make them and what is the best way to store them before handing them out?

• Beth Pierce

You can make them any time. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Merry Christmas!

30. Maddy

Hi! I just made your recipe, just waiting for it to set. I licked the spoon and it tastes amazing! How long does it take to set when its refrigerated? Could I leave it to set at room temperature (it would probably take longer I guess to set though)?

• Beth Pierce

It should only take a couple of hours in the fridge. 🙂

31. Traci

Could I use Hershey kisse

• Beth Pierce

No I don’t think…kind of risky!

32. Nina

I don’t have a microwave. Presumably a double boiler would work, the old fashioned way?

• Beth Pierce

Yes it will work that way as well.

33. Tamara H.

Did you use sweetened shredded coconut, or unsweetened? Thanks!

• Beth Pierce

Sweetened! Sorry about the delay. I was at the store.

34. Pat

The nutritional facts are a moot point when you are marking fudge!!!

• Beth Pierce

I would agree. You make me laugh!

35. Liza

Do you know what the nutritional facts are for this recipe? Looks yummy!

• Beth Pierce

No I am sorry I do not. There are websites where you can plug in the ingredients and get the nutritional facts.

• Kathy Huey

Who cares!! It’s fudge!!

36. Lily

It came out too hard! Not sure why…

• Beth Pierce

Is it possible you cooked the mixture in the microwave longer than just being melted? Not trying to throw around accusations. I just know that chocolate can be sensitive to melting.

37. Carol

Can I substitute pecans instead of.tthe almonds And omit the coconut?

Yes you can.

• Connie

Lol. Just make another recipe you mean? Haha

• Tena

Agree. So funny

• Donna

could I use peanut butter chips to make a peanut butter fudge?

• Beth Pierce

I think I would find a peanut butter fudge recipe just to be safe…You can google microwavable peanut butter fudge and see if you can find a highly rated easy one.

38. Neema Gaylor

Excuse me, but how many pieces does this recipe make? Thank you in advance.

16 pieces makes for a nice size for each person